Our September Pop-Up Event, “The Future of Storytelling: Creating the Emerging Worlds of Virtual Reality” featured spotlight guest Eugene Chung (Penrose Studios), creator and director of Arden’s Wake: The Prologue, Allumette and The Rose and I and Jason Rosenthal (Lytro) where he is working to deliver on the promise of Virtual Reality and define the next generation of film and television production with Light Field technology. They sat down with Bill Malloy and Brian Nugent (Sway Ventures) to discuss how virtual reality has emerged as a new artistic medium and a creative platform. From storytelling to world building—learn how creators can leverage the true power of VR experiences.
Things we referred to at the event (that you are definitely going to want to click on):
- Penrose’s mission is to define the next generation of human storytelling and in Arden’s Wake the team continues to push the boundaries of entertainment through immersive experiences that explore universal themes of family, love, loss, fear, and sacrifice.
- Penrose Studios receives the Best VR film award at the Venice Film Festival, and the prestigious film community.
- Hallelujah is a revolutionary virtual reality music performance, and is the world’s first VR music experience to provide an uncompromised sense of presence with six degrees of freedom (6DoF) using Lytro Immerge technology.
- Meet The D.W. Griffith Of Virtual Reality
And of course, Sway Ventures shoutouts to some of the amazing portfolio companies. P.S. did we mention they’re hiring designers:
- At Le Tote, they’re changing the way women interact with their wardrobe one tote at a time.
- Haven is bringing a new way for the $1.3T global shipping industry to do business.
- Learn by doing. Penrose Studios is at the forefront of virtual reality as a storytelling medium.
- At Twilio*, great products are built by small teams that work hard, think smart, and move fast.
- Tally believes in building powerful but simple products to make our users less stressed and better off financially.
- At Affinity, they’re building the future of collective intelligence and they want you to be a part of it.
Sheppard Mullin is a full service Global 100 firm handling corporate and technology matters, high stakes litigation and complex financial transactions. From our 15 offices in North America, Europe and Asia, we offer global solutions to our clients around the world, providing seamless representation in multiple jurisdictions.